“The intent of our Art curriculum is to deliver high-quality lessons that inspire all pupils to use their imaginations and develop their creativity. We aim to provide opportunities for pupils to strengthen and develop their artistic skills which will support a wide range of artistic techniques. We want to provide opportunities to allow children to express themselves individually whilst having the chance to study the work of world artists. This will help to embed our values including resilience and happiness.”
Art and Design at St. Michael’s
At St. Michael’s Church School we aim to provide children with an art and design education that engages, inspires and challenges them. We want to allow children the chance to design, explore, invent and create individual pieces of art. Children are taught to critically evaluate and improve their work. As the children progress through school, they will learn about great artists, craft makers and designers and will understand the history and cultural development of their art form.
What’s going on in Art and Design? Click here to find out!
- This year we are applying for our Artsmark accreditation which is very exciting. There will be lots going on across the all the arts to help us work towards achieving it. If you would like to find out more about what we will be doing on our Artsmark journey, please visit https://www.artsmark.org.uk/
- We are also hoping to help children achieve their ‘Discover’ Art Award. More information will follow. If you’d like to see how your child could achieve their certificate, please visit https://www.artsaward.org.uk/site/?id=64
- If your child would like to explore Art and Design further out of school, there is lots to discover around Peterborough. Please keep checking as the list of opportunities grows.
- Art Gallery at the Peterborough Museum
- Thorpe Meadows sculpture display