“The intent of our Forest School curriculum is to deliver high quality sessions that encourages children to develop their natural curiosity and understanding of the world around them. Building love and respect for nature and its works. The holistic approach of Forest School and outdoor learning immerses children within a unique educational experience that is inclusive of all. Opportunities to evaluate risk, problem solve, succeed and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in our woodland environment are paramount within the curriculum that we provide.
- Planning and running outdoor sessions which support what is being learnt in the classroom and/or cover parts of the curriculum for that group. Risk Assessing environment and activity. Having suitable clothing to ensure outdoor learning can occur in all weathers.
- To encourage exposure to managed risk. To set challenge at a level where children can succeed.
- To guide and encourage children in learning about nature around them. To foster respect for their environment. To look at seasonal changes.
- Children will become more confident and able in the classroom across all subjects.
- Children are happier to approach challenge. Children choose to play outside more often and are healthier both physically and mentally as a result.
- Children develop into advocates for environmental issues. They are more knowledgeable and enthusiastic about nature.